Reservations


For Reservations contact us directly on 353 (0) 51-898173




Or click here to reserve on line with Booking.com

The Rising Sun Guesthouse


Mullinavat, prior to 1842, formed one parochial parish with Kilmacow. In the middle of the 18th century, Mullinavat consisted of but a few houses. In 1801, the number of houses was 35, with 158 inhabitants. The erection of a church here in 1805 had a decided influence on the general improvement of the village, which in 1841 had 110 inhabited houses.

In 1871, the population of Mullinavat was 531. In Irish Mullinavat is pronounced 'Muilleann an Bhata' which means 'The Mill of the Stick'.

Tradition has it that the name was derived from an ancient mill which could only be approached by means of a rough stick over the Glendonnel River, where the bridge on the main road is now, beside the Garda Barracks. Mullinavat originally was comprised of the civil parishes of Kilbecan, Kilahy, and Rossinan. The parish Church of Kilbecan was in use up to 1830. It was then used as a protestant church. It was dedicated to St. Becan, Bishop and confessor whose feast day is set down as May 27th.

 

Tourist Attraction / Leisure Activities

We are centrally located for touring the South East. Why not visit the Viking City of Waterford, Medieval Kilkenny or New Ross.  Many impressive sights to be seen here are a mention of just a few.

Waterford- Waterford Crystal Visitors Centre

  • Waterford  Museum of Treasures
  • Reginald’s tower

Kilkenny – Kilkenny Castle

  • St Canice’s Cathedral
  • Woodstock Gardens & Arboretum
  • Jerpoint Abbey

Wexford – Dunbrody Famine Ship

  • Hook Light House Visitors centre
  • Irish National Heritage Park

Feeling energetic –
Why not go Karting in Kiltorcan Ballyhale or Shooting at Bishops Mountain Shooting centre or play a round of golf at one of the 9 courses within a 30 km radius .

Special Offers


FREE GUEST
PARKING

ELEGANT
RESTAURANT

read more

WEDDING
PACKAGE

read more